Total Pageviews

Friday 18 August 2023

Elisabeth Sladen 1946-2011.

 I still miss the late Elisabeth Sladen, who still reigns supreme on the list of Dr Who companions. 



Lis was fantastic, a true immortal. I actually fell in love with her the first time I saw her on the show, and she was a great actress. Lis was also a great sport, unlike some other actresses in the show,as she played a brilliant damsel in distress.Her character was always headstrong, but still one of the good guys and still gentle, feminine and sweet.Lis said in an interview,she was always getting tied up and in severe peril from the bad guys,although I can only remember Lis performing one scene where she was bound and gagged. She was tremendously popular. I actually went down to meet her in 2002,at a Dr Who convention, and she was so nice.However,I froze on meeting her. I was just simply in awe of Lis. Indeed, I thought she was really beautiful. 

Sadly, Lis suffered an untimely demise in 2011 with breast cancer. I was extremely saddened to hear that when it happened. Yet,many of us will never forget her,and I hope she's enjoying herself in Heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.